Sunday, March 18, 2018

Happy Easter bunny card

Happy Sunday, I found some time to get in the craft room today and make a sweet Easter 🐣  card. 
I based today's card design on a sketch from Your Next Stamp.  I made a top fold A2 size card-base.  The papers are from everywhere so I'm sorry I can't tell you where those came from today.  I used one of my stitched scalloped edge dies to trim down the pink flower pattern paper leaving the yellow lattice portion showing at the top of the card.  I used 2 different oval dies to create the yellow frame and lattice mat.  For the large solid yellow I used 2nd from the largest size of my stitched scallop oval die stack, I then used an inside outside stitched oval die to cut out the center.  Using that same die I cut a piece from the lattice paper to go inside the oval frame.  first I ran the solid yellow stitched scalloped oval frame through the Cuttlebug swiss Dots embossing folder.  The Happy Easter words are from a new die I just recently purchased.  I used my ScanNCut to cut a pink shadow outline to place under the word Easter.  The green portion of the flowers are from my Spellbinders Moroccan Accents.  The pink portion in the flowers are from Sue Wilson - Star Flower Cluster I then added a white glitter enamel dot to the center of each flower.  The cute little bunny is from a stamp and die set.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers to highlight and color the bunny.  IG1, blender pen & PP1
For the inside of the card I covered with a light pink card stock.  I then took the leftover portion of the pink flower pattern paper  that I used my stitched scalloped edge die on, and placed it at the bottom of the card.  I used the solid yellow oval that was the negative space off of the front frame as a shadow layer.  I then cut a stitched oval from a different Oval die Stack set using the yellow lattice paper and layered that on top for the sentiment.   The sentiment stamp, Have a lovely day is from  Crafters Companion Hexagon coordinating Stamp Set.  I stamped in a hot pink chalk ink but it really didn't stand out well enough so I stamped again over the top using a medium green and it came out an unusual color of pink, but I really liked it so I kept it.
I also used my WRMK 123 punchboard to make a light pink envelope.  To decorate the envelope I found a different stamp set from my stash of a cute Easter eggs with vine on clock image that I stamped in a medium green.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
YNS Sketch and Color Challenge #85  (I used Sketch)
Simon Says Monday: Easter/Spring Inspiration
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #39
Simon Says Wednesday: Easter Inspired
Challenge #93 - Frame It
HIMCR #344 - Tic Tac Toe!  (Animal - Glitter - Die cut)

I hope you enjoyed my fun Easter bunny card today and I hope you can stop by again soon.

8 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

So Stinkin' CUTE!!! Hi Eva! I've been on Vacation and just finally got some time to sit down and check out my blogs & FB - You've made such adorable projects while I was away! Fab Bunny and I love the word dies!!!!! Have a great day!

Theresa

Becca Sadler said...

Love the analogous color palette of the orange to pink to red hues in the card! They let your white rabbit be prominent in contrast. Thanks for participating in the tic tac toe #344 challenge at HIMCR! Becca~DT

Diane said...

Super cute card with 'happy' Spring colors...thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Such a sweet card inside & out Eva! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Frame It’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Kathy Krug said...

Such a pretty mix of papers and wonderful design. Thanks for sharing with us at dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Dandi93 said...

Super cute card and great use of the sketch Eva...

Tracy Freeman said...

Great easter card, love how you have finished the inside and the envelope.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

Andrea Shell said...

What an adorable take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at the YNS Sketch Challenge!