Thursday, February 8, 2018

Candle Christmas Easel Card

I worked on some Christmas cards today, trying to do at least 2 each month along with the fun group at Creativekuts posts group on FB.  This card design will be available in March for the 12 Months of Christmas card train over there.
I used a double sided pre-embossed cardstock for the shades of Purple.  The candlesticks were embossed with Tied Together Latice folder - Couture Creations and inked with purple. I used spectrum noir markers to color the flames and then I brushed over the flames with wink of Stella.  I also dabbed each crossing point of the embossing on the candles with clear wink of Stella, I sure wish it showed up in the photo.  I added some leaf branches in green and then added some purple gems for the berries.  I used my Simon Says Stamp dies - Bundle of Stitched Shapes large rectangle die to cut the purple layers on the front and inside.
On the inside I used two different stamp sets for the sentiments.  We wish you a Merry Christmas is from Crafters Companion, I stamped with a light purple and then clear embossed over it.  I used an unbranded stitched rectangle for the white sentiment Layer. The chill of Winter is warmed by friendship is from an unbranded set, I just stamped in a dark purple.


I am entering into these fun challenges:
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes #220
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #33
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.


1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how lovely... I like the unique holiday color... looks fab as an easel card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations