Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Snowflake Slider card

This is another fun SVG card file from www.creativekuts.com that she will be offering as part of her November card train cargo.
I used a very light purple recollections card stock for the portrait card base that I folded at the top.  The pretty blue plaid with the purples and different blues in it plus the purple plaid for his cap & scarf and the snowflake paper on the slider layer are all from an old 4X6 Christmas paper stack that I got from Oriental trading Company years ago.  For the blue plaid layer I used my stitched rectangle die to cut that and it is from Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes.  The SVG file of course has a cut for that layer if you would like, I just happen to really like the stitched look on my cards when I can.  For the slider Layer I ended up using a dime instead of a penny because it was kind of a tight fit next to the edge of the track.  I also of course added lots of foam tape behind the snowflake panel to give the room needed for the slider mechanism inside to run freely along the track.  I sprayed both of the snowflake pieces with a sticky adhesive and then covered with a fine white glitter.  Then I added a little bit of purple glitter to the top snowflake before I adhered them together with foam tape.  I added a pretty purple dew drop for the center of the snowflakes.  What an adorable little snowman... the shirt paper is from DCWV scraps I believe.  For the snowman's lower body, hands, fur trim and ball on his cap I added clear wink of Stella glitter marker to all of those pieces for a nice sparkle and shine.   The adorable face is from Peachy Keen stamps - Basic Paper Dolls.  I added some peach colored chalk to the cheeks and dotted white gel pen in the eyes.
For the sentiment tag I stamped the sentiment "A snowflake is winter's butterfly" from a new Christmas stamp set that I recently purchased.  I really like that sentiment!   I used my embossing buddy over white card stock and then first stamped with a Pigment Violet purple color box cats eye ink.  I then cleaned my stamp and then inked up with clear versaMark & using my stamping tool I stamped exactly over the same spot.   I then used clear enamel embossing powder & then Embossed with my heat gun.   I love love love how this purple embossing turned out.
For the inside of the card I used my Stitched Scallop Basic Edges 2 die to cut two strips out of the matching blue plaid paper.   I used my Simon says stitched rectangle again for the white Layer,  then I added the stitched scallop blue plaid strips to the top and bottom and trimmed off the excess on either side for each piece.  I stamped the sentiment in the lightest purple (Heliotrope) to match up with the base of the card ... that stamp set is from a card maker kit from years ago I believe.  I also used a snowflake stamp from that same set first stamping in a light blue that matched with some colors in the card.  For that one I pushed kind of hard on the stamp.  I then lightly stamped over in the light purple with the same snowflake just barely kissing the first stamping and it gave it a nice purple inner layer.  I used one of my stitched scallop oval dies to cut out the sentiment and then inked the edges in the lightest purple (Heliotrope) before popping up on foam dots on one half and adhering over the slider layer then added my snowman in the same manner. 

I really had fun with this card, I love making and giving inneractive and different cards than just the normal.   Thanks again Cheryl for another fun card file.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
Simon Says: Pop It Up
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #14
FFC #207 Anything Goes
DL.ART September Linky Challenge
HMCR #319 - Any Holiday!

Thanks again for stopping by today,  would love to get your comments ... I always love reading them!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Adorable!! And I love the color combo you used; so pretty! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how CUTE! LOVE that snowman!!! SWEET!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

katieo said...

Fun snowflake slider card. It looks like the happy snowman is trying to catch the snowflake. Thank You for joining the DL.ART September Linky Challenge