Sunday, September 3, 2017

Saltwater Kisses Beach Card

Today I created a scene card that looks like a great vacation spot to me.  
I used a card cut from cricut Life is a Beach cartridge for the dolphins in the waves.   I chose to put the center cut-outs back in the  dolphin bodies and inside of the fins after I brush them with my wink of Stella to make them sparkly.
The mermaid is also from the same cartridge.  I used green chalk for the scales on her tail, wink of Stella on her top and a purple pearl bead for the center of her flower in her hair.   I went over the lines in her face very carefully with a light gray chalk.   The fiery sun is from a metal diecut that I inked up and chalked to give it the different color effects and I used clear wink of Stella again on the center of the sun  to give it some sparkly effect.   The Seagulls and starfish are both from a diecut set that came with the beach hut.   The adorable stamp as from a new set I just received called Polynesian paradise.
The background paper was from my scrap bin that looked like a sky background to me.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Challenge #308-Vacations
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #10
Simon Says Wednesday: Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC # 204 Always Anything Goes -Multi-Sponsor Challenge!
DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #211 "Vacation" 

Thanks again for stopping by to see what I'm up to in my craft room!

3 comments:

Lin said...

What a fun mix of dolphins and that mermaid, Eva! Isn't it amazing what we can do now with cutting? Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Karen said...

great card love the way you put the mermaid behind the dolphins...

Scrapper69 said...

Super Sweet Mermaid card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations