Friday, July 21, 2017

Winter is for the birds

hey there Crafty friends, I have a Christmas in July card for you today.   What a fun simple card to make.   I should do several of these for my Christmas card list.
The light blue embossed mat is cut from Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes.  That gorgeous snowflake swirl embossing folder is from Darice.  The cute little bird stamp and sentiment on the front are from Peachy Keen stamps.  I used my spectrum noir pens to color the little birdie.   I also stamped a little Holly leaves and cut out...  to layer onto the Birdies head,  I added some red beads in a bottle for the berries. 
The white stitched oval  for the sentiment is a diecut,  I then ran it through my SNC2 to make the lavender shadow layer for it, I popped it up on foam tape.  The tiny stars are from the banner.  I used the same small snowflake die three times cut from white card stock and then three times cut from white vellum.   I sponged the vellum snowflakes with a lavender pigment Ink.   After layering them up I placed a lavender dew drop in the center of each. I placed some white pearl bows (China) at the ends of the banner.
For the inside I used several different stamp sets.  Both of the sentiment stamps are from Desert Craftin Divas - Chill Out Stamp set.   I found this sentiment to work perfect with the front of the card.   I found several different snowflake stamps in my stash and used the different colors of inks to bring the inside all together.   I love the snowflake swirl I stamped first in lavender from Inkadinkado Christmas In New York Stamp Set.   The inside stitched Mat is again the same one from the front which is from Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
Cardz TV CHRISTMAS IN JULY CHALLENGE #3 -
Lil Red Wagon - Challenge # 403 - Christmas In July
Simon Says Stamp - We're Seeing Stars
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything goes
Cut It Up - Challenge #126 - Christmas in July!
HIMCR #309 - Christmas in July!
Die Cut Diva's -  "Christmas in July"!

DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #208 "Anything Goes" 

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Eva :-) the little bird is super cute and I love the embossed background and banner, the whole design of this is adorable, love the mint and pink together too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

JanR said...

Terrific card! I love the sentiment on the inside. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Monica Maier said...

Pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us Die Cut Diva's!

Scrapper69 said...

Lovely Wintery card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

This is really cute! I like the pink snowflakes!

Thanks for joining us for our Christmas in July challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com